Jobs & Opportunities
Police Constable Recruiting Process
Preference will be given to candidates who have demonstrated continuous learning beyond high school and a commitment to working with the community. The candidate selection process will reflect the dedication of the Belleville Police Service to the principles of Equal Opportunity.
The Belleville Police Service accepts covering letters and resumes for the position of Police Constable whether we are actively recruiting or not. However, those interested in a career in Law Enforcement should be aware of our basic requirements which include:
- valid driver's licence and suitable driving record
- uncorrected 20/40 vision both eyes and colour deficiency within established limits
- normal hearing at frequencies of 500 to 3000 Hz measured by audiometer
- 18 years of age or older
- physically and mentally able to perform the duties of the position
- valid Standard First Aid and CPR Certificates would be considered assets
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada
- good moral character and habits
- must have completed at least four years of secondary school education or its equivalent
- not have been convicted of a criminal offence for which a pardon has not been obtained
- It is required that candidates have an (OACP) Certificate of Test Results
(Interested candidates must contact APPLICANT TESTING SERVICE, INC. at 1-800-429-7728 or (509) 659-8686 for information regarding the OACP Certificate application process, the test battery and test dates. An information package will be forwarded to you.)
Please note for the current recruiting process that an OACP certificate of results must be provided or confirmation that you are registered for an upcoming test date that will occur prior to August 24th.
An interview, psychological testing, medical examination and background check are also steps in the recruiting process.
As a result of provincial legislation effective January 1st, 1997 recruits not having already successfully completed the Ontario Police College Basic Constable Training Course will be required to pay a fee of $11,065.00 to the College upon registration.
- Click here to download an Application Form
- Click here to download Belleville Checklist Form
- Click here to download Belleville Consent Form
Belleville Police Service
93 Dundas St East, Belleville
Ontario, K8N 1C2